Exterior of the ARTIFICE CLUB, as FARROW comes outside. He’s hurriedly pulling on his topcoat,
glancing around, nervous.
LIGHT is moving to meet him.
1. LIGHT: Afternoon, guv’ner—
FARROW has grabbed LIGHT by the elbow, pulling him along after him. LIGHT is either surprised
by this, or doing a very good job of faking it.
2. LIGHT: —hold on, hey!
Angle in an alley, as FARROW drags LIGHT into the shadows.
3. LIGHT: Easy on, Mister Farrow, sir!
4. FARROW: Be silent, boy!
FARROW has pushed LIGHT against the wall and is hurriedly searching LIGHT’S pockets.
5. FARROW: Where is it? Where?
6. LIGHT: By my reckon, there’s some coin to be paid first—
7. FARROW: A-hah!
FARROW holding the MAP TUBE. He’s got a triumphant gleam in his eye.
8. FARROW: Play me for a fool, Mister Payne, will you?
9. FARROW: We shall see about that!