STONE, sort of twisting in DRAKE’S grip, hands coming up, all ‘see, good news!’
1. STONE: It is my pleasure, nay, delight, to assure ye that I am not.
2. STONE: That Darius Payne can suck eggs for all I care!
STONE twists further, reaching up to try and break DRAKE’S GRIP.
DRUM is peering at her, a gentle smile.
3. DRUM: Fine answer.
4. DRUM: But incomplete.
STONE gives up on trying to break the grip for a moment, now looking at DRUM.
5. DRUM: If you do not work for Payne, who then employs your talents?
6. STONE: Nothin’ doin’.
7. STONE: Ye’ll not mistaken me for some paté-stuffed Fueille pigeon.
DRUM actually grins at DRAKE.
DRAKE is not half as amused as DRUM.
STONE dangles between them, arms crossed, defiant.
8. STONE: Ye do your worst, I’ve got nothing to say.
9. STONE: And ye best let me go now afore I start to screaming like a—
Past STONE, dangling, as she sees CONSTABLE DICKENS — from the last Chapter — making his way through the MARKET, checking on the vendors and their goods. He hasn’t seen them.
10. STONE: —awww spit and rust and the Rose’s mask, too—