New angle, SABRE is moving away, to the BENCH beneath the aft galley windows.
DRAKE standing as before.
1. SABRE: You’re Fueille, aren’t you?
2. DRAKE: My parents settled from Charet Petit, yes.
3. DRAKE: Myself, I am a Tanitin man.
4. DRAKE: That is where my allegiance lies.
New angle. SABRE is lounging on the bench, looking at DRAKE.
5. DRAKE: You don’t trust me?
6. SABRE: I’d be something of a fool to give that which you won’t grant in return, Marshal.
7. DRAKE: You’re a pirate.
On SABRE, slight smile.
8. SABRE: To some.
SABRE leans forward, speaking more honestly.
DRAKE as before.
1. SABRE: You want Darius Payne for his crimes.
2. DRAKE: I do.
New angle, DRAKE more thoughtfully considering SABRE.
3. DRAKE: What is it you want?
4. SABRE: We are both bound by duty, Marshal.
Closer two-shot, SABRE and DRAKE.
5. DRAKE: A pirate’s duty is to herself.
6. SABRE: Could you not say that of all men?
He knows very well what he’s saying.
7. DRAKE: Only those without honor.