Angle, low, past DRAKE, pinned by the OCTOPION.
PAYNE is approaching, walking beneath the clockwork, wearing the harness. He’s grinning.
1. PAYNE: If it makes you feel any better, Marshal…
On PAYNE, slight smile. He’s still very smooth, very pleasant.
2. PAYNE: …it’s not the key that’s worth dying for.
3. PAYNE: It’s what it opens.
Angle, DRAKE trapped, but still somehow maintaining that taciturn nature. Looking up at PAYNE.
4. DRAKE: Don’t imagine you’re looking to enlighten me, then?
Almost DRAKE POV, looking up at PAYNE, the OCTOPOID looming behind them, blocking the view of skies.
PAYNE is smiling gently.
1. PAYNE: Enlightenment isn’t mine to give, Marshal.
2. PAYNE: For that, you must look to the Makers.
PAYNE is more somber, about to pull down one of the LEVERS on the harness.
3. PAYNE: You’ll be seeing them soon enough.
PAYNE pulls the LEVER.
Stet, PAYNE twisting his head, in surprise.
4. SFX: CHAKOW CHAKOW