Wider. DRAKE and PAYNE still staring one another down. DRUM watching this with bemusement.
The JUDGE still stands behind his desk, looking down at it, thinking. We can’t read his expression, or his concerns.
1. D’ARRABAS: …dead…
2. D’ARRABAS: …did you… did he have anything with him, Marshal?
DRAKE pulls his attention back to the JUDGE, who is now looking at him. The JUDGE seems apprehensive, perhaps hopeful.
DRAKE is raising an eyebrow. Interesting…
3. D’ARRABAS: A key, for instance?
4. DRAKE: Who’s he?
Angle past DRAKE, to PAYNE, who has the same manner as before. We’re all friends here, right?
1. PAYNE: Darius Payne. A pleasure.
2. D’ARRABAS/off: Marshal…
The JUDGE is insistent. DRAKE is as even-handed as ever.
3. D’ARRABAS: …did he have a key upon him?
4. DRAKE: He did.
5. D’ARRABAS: And do you have it?
6. DRAKE: Nope.